Welcome message

Thanks for visiting! After many years of contemplatiing, I finally decided to buy a mandolin and teach myself how to play it. I set up this blog mainly in order to track how I am going. Feel free to follow my progress here too. (And yes, in case you're wondering, I did name the mando after Mycroft Holmes).

Tuesday 4 September 2012

Progress at one month

I've been playing mandolin for a little over one month now, so I thought it was time to share how I'm going with the Bach again. It's still nowhere near ready, but I've more or less memorised all of the notes now. A few mistakes, and I'm suffering from a bit of alzheimer's towards the end, but I hope to work on this in the coming weeks.

Can't seem to stabilise my pick-grip, which is a bit annoying, because it makes a surprisingly big difference to the tone. The one I'm using in this take is probably a bit unconventional... oh well, call the mando-police! I might just keep experimenting.


No comments:

Post a Comment